Tuesday, June 1, 2010

donuts are the new cupcake



Working on a ridiculous amount of shiny new designs. Nothing makes The Purple One happier:) Here's a sneak peek at one of them...The Rainbow Sprinkled Donut. This design will be available in the shop very soon.

I have serious donut love. I just served up a sweet bunch at the Monster Jam. I was wicked sick when I was pregnant and one of the only things I could eat was jelly donuts... and Orangina..LOL! Luckily, the genetic code for donut love was passed from me to my little cherubs. They adore donuts and I decided it was time to design a party theme around them. Perfect, of course, for a donut theme, Simpsons theme, bakery party or even a Little Police Officer theme. Cuteness with a hole in the middle:)


7 comments :

Unknown said...

love it! and donuts do seem to be the new cupcake this season! I love the sparkly sprinkles! ...though I am a sucker for a chocolate glazed donut ;o)

hugs!
Kim @ Frost Me!

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

so cute! I love the sprinkles :)
& my kids would too!!

Unknown said...

very cute & everyone loves a donut!

The Bakers said...

hi! i'm a fan of your blog (you made my friend's baby shower purple "S" cupcake toppers). how do you get your dotted borders so perfect each time in all different shapes? i just started embossing my hand made cards and can never get it perfect like yours! thanks!

Kristy {the purple pug} said...

Thanks! Very excited about the donut line...
Kim, yes, there is a chocolate one for you too:)

The Bakers- Do you mean how I create the dots, or how they get cut out? Email me and I will help in any way I can:)

Candy and Cake Sugar Designs said...

I do believe you started a new party trend, Kristy! I have seen donuts making an appearance in parties after you posted your son's monster jam party!

Tiffany@Fizzy Party said...

The sparkly sprinkles on the donuts make me wanna eat it :) hee hee adorable