Saturday, July 3, 2010

honeypot & some bees....

Howdy. Hope the holiday weekend is fab so far...Catching up on my posting and adding products to the shop.
Just finished up these invitations for an awesome repeat customer. These invites are for their daughter, a sweet little "hunny" turning two--who loves Pooh. I designed these to coordinate with her party theme and plate pattern.
No one can deny the fact that kids looooove their certain characters. As much as I thought I would never do a character party for my own children, I found it impossible to avoid once my kids were of age when they actually could talk and help plan their parties:) I love the challenge of coordinating with a character, show or movie and trying to find the charm and beauty in what my child is so endeared by. Trust me....sometimes it is verrrrrry challenging. LOL! There are many clever ways to incorporate little touches without going insane and looking like a party goods catalog exploded in your house! LOL!
I think these invitations are perfect for a Pooh and Friends party. Handmade, beautiful and lots of glitter and honey:) Thank you for the honor of your repeat business, Amy.
~Happy 2nd Birthday Becca~

4 comments :

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

so so cute!!

Unknown said...

I have a weakness for 100 acre woods! Love it!

hugs! Kim @ Frost Me!
party inspiration

Debbie said...

Kristy, I just saw these and they are so sweet! Some might say BEE-UTIFUL!!! (Yes, I know...that was a truly awful pun!... Sorry ...weak moment ;) Also, I can totally relate to your philosophy of incorporating characters/themes into a party without going for the ultra matchy-poo catalog exploded look! Great post!

Kristy {the purple pug} said...

Thanks for the sweet honeypot love. LOL!