Sunday, November 14, 2010

I love my boys & Pug Crush 28/365 {Stephanie, Spaceships and Laser Beams}

International week continues with another creative and clever Canadian business. A genius little partyware company devoted to all things BOY!

Crushing on 28/365: Stephanie, Spaceships and Laser Beams

Spaceships and Laser Beams is an exciting and adorable concept. Their printable products are created by a  talented group of different professional designers. The focus on all things boy in a party world filled with the pink and ruffly. Beautiful and unique designs always with the little guys in mind. And because they believe that happy childhoods are about making every day feel special, 5% of every Spaceships & Laser Beams sale is donated to the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign.
Way unique & stylish DIY party decor with boyish charm lovingly created by a collective of talented designers. Perfect Pug Crush.

Deets:
{etsy}
{twitter}
{facebook}

Stephanie is one of the designers for Spaceships and Laser Beams and she answered the q&a:)

Some Stephanie fascinating trivia:

Favorite color? Black

Favorite team? I’m really not into sports. At all. I did, however, watch the Winter Olympics every day last year as they were in Canada and I was on mat leave. I fell in love with the crazy, human demolition derby that is short track speed skating, so I am going to say the Canadian National Men’s Short Track Speed Skating Relay Team.

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? My grandmother’s tea biscuits warmed with butter. I’m originally from Newfoundland and tea biscuits are pretty much soul food there.

Party trend you are crushing on? I love that people are starting to put effort into boys’ parties. Just because we’re moms of boys doesn’t mean we can’t have a little style in our lives.

Party trend you are so over? It’s more of a pet peeve but I don’t like when people leave the sticks showing on their cupcake toppers. To me, it’s like looking at a visible panty line.

Favorite aisle in the craft store? Paper!

Do you wear Uggs? I have never even tried a pair on. I have always thought they’d be horribly unflattering for my body type. (Pear – Sigh)

Do you really exercise? At this point only twice a week and that’s just to try and counteract the effects of stress eating all day long. I really should make more time for myself as it has been a losing battle of late.

Minivan or non minivan driving? Non. I drive a hatchback.

Favorite holiday? I am going to cheat a little and say my son’s birthday. It’s a recent development as he’s only one. The day of his birth and his first birthday were simply the best days of my life. I cannot imagine a time when July 31st won’t be the most special day of the year.

Favorite smell? Baby shampoo. Every time Sam gets out of his bath my husband and I can’t stop sniffing his hair. At some point he’s going to realized we’re doing this and it’s going to be a problem.

Do you color your hair? Every two months since I was 16.

Do you think you’re cool? I know there was a time in my 20s when I thought I was cool. But the older I become, the more I realize that what I thought was cool wasn’t. The person I am right now isn’t cool.


6 comments :

Twirlie Whirlies said...

Love love LOVE this concept as the mom to a rambunctious 3 year old boy myself! Wonderful - definitely a new fave!

Brittany Schwaigert said...

This is a well-overdue concept and I lOVE it!

Tini Posh said...

As a mama of a sweet little guy..I LOVE their concept! AND with a cool company name like that..how could you not love them!!

Stephanie @ Spaceships and Laser Beams said...

Feeling the love. Thanks so much for doing this Kristy!

Piggy Bank Parties said...

Spaceships and Laser Beams--SUPER KOOL! Love the idea and the concept of a group of designers!

O Glittery Pug....only 337 to go!

The Party Muse said...

Love love love!!! Thanks so much for introducing me to this fabulous work! I'm a mother of a boy and the parties in your shop are so super cute, well done. New fan here : )