Monday, June 17, 2013

On Fathers and Sons...



He woke up at 6:30 this morning. I could hear him brush his teeth, open and closing his drawers to get dressed and then I heard him go downstairs, open the front door and go outside. I knew he was getting the newspaper. From upstairs, I could hear him throwing the sale flyers on the floor and the crinkling of the newspaper as he was flipping through the pages-searching. Then, silence. After about a minute, I heard the little feet coming up the stairs and he came to show me: him + his Daddy. In the newspaper. I have never seen a prouder look on my son's face. I have never seen my husband more charmed by his mini-me sweetheart. Winners of the father son look-alike contest for a day, but a forever memory for my beautiful guys. I am the luckiest woman in the world. 
Happy Father's Day. 
Wishing you a day filled with happiness + beautiful memories. ♥

For the record-I think the dog pic should have been disqualified. LOL!

xo

No comments :